Monday, October 24, 2011

Homemade Donuts....DELICIOUS! And Super Easy! For Reals!

I have a food blog addiction. As sad as that is, it's true. I am always finding new recipes that I want to try. A couple weeks ago, I had a brilliant idea. I started a Recipe Bucket List. I have a bunch of dishes that I want to make before I die. Brilliant, right?Well I can officially check Homemade Donuts off the list! Recently there have been pumpkin recipes popping up everywhere. When I saw pumpkin donuts my mouth began to water. I knew I had to make these donuts. And since I'm an FHE mom in my BYU ward, I decided FHE would be the perfect time to try out homemade donuts.
It turned out fantastic. Everybody loved the donuts (at least they told me they did). It was super fun. We had regular donuts, and pumpkin donuts. I fried them all up right there. And while they were still hot, they chose the toppings they wanted. We
had chocolate glaze, vanilla glaze, powdered sugar, and cinnamon-sugar. It was the perfect night. You should try making donuts. It really is a lot easier than you think. If I can do it you can. Pictures from the process below.




1 comment:

  1. Good Job Ed! You're much more ambitious in the kitchen than I am!

    ReplyDelete